Community

TED Talk deals with mental conditions in dogs and cats

Many of you are familiar with “TED Talks”. I have been a fan for many years. I thought I would share a TED talk recorded in July 2014 dealing with psychological issues that pets and people have in common. We  Continue Reading »

Cat Nights at Oasis Animal Hospital

According to the U.S. Pet Ownership and Demographics Sourcebook, cats outnumber dogs in U.S.households by almost 5 million.  Yet, they visit the veterinarian half as often and receive a fraction of the care of their canine counterparts.  This is in  Continue Reading »

Giardia – common parasite, common questions

Giardia is a protozoan parasite that can infect both humans and animals. This parasite is mostly seen in puppies and younger animals but can also infect older pets. Giardia is spread through the fecal- oral route. This means that the  Continue Reading »

Oasis Animal Hospital supports Lady Wolves

Most of our clients know our receptionist, Melinda. Her daughter is one of the seniors of Chandler High School’s basketball team. We were proud to sponsor the Chandler Girl’s basketball team in her senior season. Go Lexi and the Wolves!

Zoobiquity: The Astonishing Connection Between Human and Animal Health

I was recently listening to one of my favorite podcasts, TED Talks when I came upon the following talk. What veterinarians know that physicians don’t. I found this interesting and inspiring. In my career, quite a few times a client  Continue Reading »

Ebola Virus – what you need to know

There is justifiable concern around the world for the actual and potential harm caused by Ebola virus. We wanted to share some pertinent and useful information about Ebola, pets families and risks of infection. You may be aware that in  Continue Reading »